Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment.
It’s a very competitive game, where each player have to respect his role inside the team to win, there are several different games modes, maps types and characters.
- Games Modes
- Quick Game
- A Quick Game it’s the classic match to practice a character or the map.
- A Competitive match it’s the most important match in the game where the gamer have to communicate with the team and play as best as he can. Overwatch offer ranks inside the game, every player starts his rank from 10 games where depending on the outcome of these games, the player will be placed where the system think that would be fine to start. After that begins the real ascent to the 5 000 rank. So the skill rankings were assigned on a scale of 1 to 5000.
- In the Arcade we can find different kind of matches like 3vs3 or 1vs1 with random characters. Every 3 wins you get a loot box for a max of 3 box for week.
- Quick Game
- Map Types:
- The attacking team is tasked with capturing two target points in sequence on the map, while the defending team must stop them.
- The attacking team is tasked with escorting a payload to a certain delivery point before time runs out, while the defending team must stop them. The payload vehicle moves along a fixed track when any player on the attacking team is close to it, but will stop if a defending player is nearby; should no attacker be near the vehicle, it will start to move backwards along the track. Passing specific checkpoints will extend the match time and prevent the payload from moving backwards from that point.
- Each team tries to capture and maintain a common control point until their capture percentage reaches 100%. This game mode is played in a best-of-three format.
- Hybrid (Assault/Escort)
- Characters in Overwatch come in four varieties: Offense, Defense, Tank, and Support. The cool thing it’s that the cast of playable characters it’s very wide, we have human (male and female), no-human like robots and a gorilla. Every characters have his own skills, powers and stats (like damage and life points) .
- Golden Joystick Awards(2016):
- Best Original Game
- Best Multiplayer Game
- Best Gaming Moment
- PC Game of the Year
- Competitive Game of the Year
- The Game Awards (2016)
- Game of the Year
- Best Game Direction
- Best Multiplayer
- ESport Game of the Year
Available for PC,Mac, PS4, XboxOne. Vote: 9/10
Anyway I have to give to this game 9 and not more because some characters are really unbalanced not only in my opinion.